Wednesday, September 4, 2013

M.I.A. Turns Up the Beat on New Single, 'Come Walk With Me' - T3CHNLG1

M.I.A. Turns Up the Beat on New Single, 'Come Walk With Me'

Song is from singer's upcoming LP 'Matangi'

As promised, M.I.A. yesterday released her new single "Come Walk With Me," which differs slightly from a preview she posted online last year. The tune starts off emphasizing the singer's voice over faint electronic background accompaniment before a galloping beat takes control and the song cuts in and out of layers of effects as M.I.A. repeats her verses.

M.I.A.'s 'Matangi' and 25 More Albums You Need to Hear This Fall

The song is from her forthcoming album Matangi, which she recorded in New York, London and Los Angeles with production by Surkin, Switch, Danja, Hitboy and more. The album is due on November 5th. M.I.A. also said last month that her stalled documentary about the album is once more underway. The film's director, Steve Loveridge, quit the project in July after M.I.A.'s label pulled a teaser he posted from the film, which had been progressing too slowly for his taste.

 
Copyright Purple Fox Design All Rights Reserved